It’s Election Day 2018. Do you know where your candidates stand on sustainability?
Our personal daily choices give us the power to help create a more sustainable lifestyle and a better world. But wouldn’t it be great if those we elected to office also supported our idea of sustainability?
Hopefully, your preferred candidates support:
- Increased development of renewable energy and microgrids.
- Tax credits or other incentives for those who install solar panels or purchase electric vehicles.
- Efforts to reduce carbon emissions and sequester carbon.
- A farm bill that supports organic, sustainable agriculture.
- Regulations that protect us from toxins in everyday consumer products.
- Regulations that protect the safety of our air and water.
- Policies that support a more fair and equitable economy.
That would be a good start.
Now, if you haven’t done so already, go out and exercise your greatest power: the right to vote!