I’m thrilled to announce that Choosing Sustainability: Your Guide to the What, Why and How is available in paperback from a growing list of retailers.
Love Your Local
Buying from local bookshops and other retailers reduces your carbon footprint while helping to support a strong local economy and community. You can ask for Choosing Sustainability at your local bookstore, no matter where you are located. The book is available for bookstores to special order from Ingram, a major book wholesaler. You may even find the book already on a shelf near you. Some of the options local to me are:
- The Book Garden, 28 Bridge Street, Frenchtown, New Jersey.
- The Doylestown Bookshop, 16 South Main Street, Doylestown, PA.
- Angel’s Cards & Gifts, 310 Bridge Street, New Hope, PA.
You also can order Choosing Sustainability at Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, Powells.com (Powell’s books), Indigo.com, Hudsonbooksellers.com and many other online book retailers.
Like sustainablechoices.net, Choosing Sustainability explores the “three pillars of sustainability,” the environmental, economic and social choices that can work in tandem to help us achieve a greater sustainable impact. The book provides a wide range of ideas to help you make sustainable daily choices about:
- What and how you eat.
- Your home life.
- What and how much you consume.
- Your mode of transportation.
- Your work life, recreational time and retirement.
- Your financial life.
There’s even an epilogue about seeking a greener afterlife.
Choosing Sustainability shines a light on the environmental movement, the local movement and the many grassroots social movements that encourage us to eat organically, consume less, share more, become makers, lighten our ecological footsteps and support stronger, more resilient communities. The book explains the value of holistic sustainability and suggests taking an incremental approach to change that fits each reader’s values, goals and household budget.
- Buy a copy. Just click the book cover image or title wherever you find it on this site to go straight to Amazon.com, where you can purchase Choosing Sustainability for $22.95. Or ask for it at your local bookstore.
- Follow me. The Events page will let you know about upcoming book signings and other engagements as well as which bookstores and other retail venues have copies of Choosing Sustainability.
- Obtain services. Check out the Services page to learn about communications consulting, writing and sustainable lifestyle services.
- Stay informed. Sustainable Choices will continue to offer you fresh ideas, inspiration and resources to help you make informed lifestyle decisions.
If you’re already engaged in trying to live more sustainably, you know that it can sometimes feel overwhelming. Yet even one, small step can lead to many others. The important thing is to start the journey and keep moving forward at the pace that’s right for you.
It is my sincere hope and belief that as more of us commit to sustainable living, we can make a meaningful difference in protecting our health and the planet, encouraging the growth of a greener, saner economy, strengthening our communities … and restoring the long-held American belief that we each have the power (quite a lot of it) to help both ourselves and the world around us.