What to drive, how to drive and whether to own your own ride: Those are the questions when it comes to sustainable transportation.
- Union of Concerned Scientists, ucsusa.org, information on the impact of energy use from scientists working for greener solutions
- Plugshare, ChargeHub and ChargePoint (apps) help electric vehicle owners locate charging stations.
- From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank: The Complete Guide to Using Vegetable Oil as an Alternative Fuel, Joshua Tickell, 2000
- Do It Yourself Guide to Biodiesel: Your Alternative Fuel Solution for Saving Money, Reducing Oil Dependency, and Helping the Planet, Guy Purcella, Ulysses Press, 2007
- GreenMeter (IPhone app) tracks the energy consumption of a user’s vehicle, helping a driver adjust habits to conserve fuel.
- Commute Greener (app) provides suggestions on how to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions related to a daily commute, including map routes and ride-sharing options.
- Information about local public transportation, bike- and ride-sharing options and carpooling can be obtained from municipalities and employers.
- gocarma.com: automated passenger counting for HOV toll discounts
- Home Power magazine, https://www.homepower.com/articles/microhydro-power/design-installation/hydro-electric-evolution, for information on DIY green energy and transportation projects
Do you know of other great resources? Let me know and I’ll be happy to add them.