If you’re local to Stockton, NJ, you can get a jump start on your Spring cleaning this week by donating gently used items to the Stockton Borough School’s annual Rummage Sale.
Known locally as “the rummage,” this popular event never ceases to attract an amazing array of “trash to treasure” items from locals happy to clean out their homes while helping out a neighborhood school. Drop off is at the Prallsville Mill, Rt. 29, Stockton, as follows:
- Sunday, March 10 through Thursday, March 14, between 9:30 and 4 p.m. Please note that donations cannot by accepted any later than Thursday afternoon.
This is a great opportunity to get rid of everything from clothes and toys your kids have outgrown to remnants of your discarded hobbies (sewing supplies, wood shop tools) to, well, just about anything you can fit in the trunk of your car.
Specifically, the Stockton School asks that people follow these guidelines in donating gently used items:
- Clothing and accessories.
- Books, including hardcover, paperback and “books on tape,” but no textbooks, travel guides, catalogs or magazines.
- Music — CDs, records, DVDs, but no videotapes.
- Electronics — Playstation/Gameboy/Wii games, small consumer electronics, but no old televisions or computers.
- Household items — vases, dishes, knick-knacks, glasses, mugs, pictures and frames, tools, rugs, table & chair sets, cabinets, dressers, but no mattresses or stuffed furniture.
- Linens — sheets, comforters, towels, curtains, tablecloths, etc.
- Jewelry — earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watches, etc.
- Toys — dolls, puzzles, games, dress-up items, musical instruments, sports equipment, etc.
All donations are tax-deductible. Just ask a volunteer for a form. Need directions to the Prallsville Mill? Go to http://drms-stockton.org/directions.html.
Mark Your Calendar
The Rummage Sale takes place:
- Saturday, March 16, 2013, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17, 2013, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday kicks off with a 1/2-price sale at 9, followed by a bag sale from noon to 1 p.m.
All proceeds from the Rummage Sale benefit the Stockton Borough School.
Its great to give our household items away rather than toss them out. Clearly there is a need and it feels good too. Thanks for the info.
The good thing with the event is that all unsold items go directly to worthy causes: towels to the local animal shelter; household goods to Vets, etc.